Ozgur Press is an international publishing house that publishes high-quality academic books in open-access format in accordance with international publishing standards.
As Ozgur Press, we show maximum sensitivity to the security of your data. With this awareness, we attach great importance to processing and preserving the personal data of the people who benefit from our website and publishing services in accordance with Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data. With the full realization of this responsibility, as "Data Controller" as defined in the Law, we process your data as explained below and within the limits prescribed by the legislation (Bk. KVKK VERBIS).
What are the Purposes of Processing Personal Data?
The personal data of the people who register on our corporate website (www.ozguryayinlari.com) and of the people whose books are published are processed for use in publishing activities such as ensuring communication between the author-editor and the reader-publishing house and announcing our new books.
What are the Methods of Collecting Personal Data and the Legal Grounds for Collecting Personal Data?
Your data may be collected in cases where you submit your information via communication tools such as e-mail and telephone and if you register on our corporate website. If you use the contact form and membership areas on our website, we rely on the following legal grounds in Article 5 of the Law:
"c) It is necessary to process personal data belonging to the parties to the contract, provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract, d) It has been made public by the person concerned, f) Data processing is mandatory for the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject."
Transfer of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
Personal information used in author-book matching, such as name, surname, and ORCID number obtained within the scope of the data mentioned above for processing purposes, may be transferred to academic book databases.
Rights of the Personal Data Owner listed in Article 11 of the Law
As personal data owners, if you submit your requests regarding your rights to the Publishing House by the methods set out below in this Clarification Text, it will finalize the request free of charge within thirty days (30) at the latest, depending on the nature of the request. In this context, personal data owners;
· To learn whether personal data is processed or not,
· Request information if their personal data has been processed,
· To learn the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used for their intended purpose,
· To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
· To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data is transferred,
· Although it has been processed under the provisions of the Law and other relevant laws, to request the deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the reasons requiring its processing disappear and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data is transferred,
· To object to the emergence of a result to the detriment of the person himself/herself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
· In the event that personal data is damaged due to unlawful processing of personal data, it has the right to demand compensation of the damage.
According to paragraph 1 of Article 13 of the Law, you may submit your request to exercise your rights mentioned above to the Publisher in writing or by other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Board. The channels and procedures to submit your application in writing for the applications you will make within Article 11 of the Law are explained below.
To exercise your rights as mentioned above, you can send your request to the e-mail address [email protected] in accordance with the legal procedure, or you can send it to 15 Temmuz Mah. 148136. Sokak No:9, 27560 Şehitkamil/Gaziantep address in person with wet signature or send it through a notary public.
Doç. Dr. Mehmet Fatih Buğan
VERBIS Data Controller