Ozgur Press has adopted open-access academic publishing. All of our books are peer-reviewed at the manuscript stage by respected academic specialists who provide independent advice on content quality. Additionally, our editorial team helps shape key titles and digital products through their development expertise. In addition, our Editorial Team helps shape key titles and digital products with their development expertise.
All book manuscripts submitted to Ozgur Press for publication are subjected to a preliminary check and plagiarism check to ensure no deficiencies in basic requirements before the peer review process begins. After the initial review, book manuscripts are subjected to external peer review. External reviewers, not editors or editorial board members, are involved in the peer review process. The Editor-in-Chief determines external reviewers. The Editorial Board reviews Reviewer reports. Revised texts are reviewed again by the Editor-in-Chief. The Editorial Board makes the final decision on books. The Editor-in-Chief notifies the author of the decision.
1) Internal Editorial Assessment (1-2 weeks): The Editor-in-Chief is the first person to review the book draft. They will evaluate whether the book draft is in line with the scope of Özgur Publications. If approved, the proposal will proposal will move to the next stage.
2) Preliminary Review and Plagiarism Check (2-3 weeks): The editorial team reviews the manuscript for compliance with the publication principles and academic writing rules. It is then scanned for plagiarism using Turnitin.
3) External Peer Review Process: The manuscript that passes the editorial review is submitted to at least two independent external reviewers. The review process is carried out in confidentiality within the framework of double-anonymized reviewing. The editor usually sends the reviewer's reports to the author within 4 to 6 weeks. The author may be invited to make changes to the manuscript based on the reviewer's reports. If both reports are positive, the manuscript is submitted to the Editorial Board with a proposal to consider publication. If one of the two reviewers has a negative opinion, the manuscript is sent to a third referee. Studies can be published with the positive decision of at least two reviewers. The editor's evaluation decides the publication of book and symposium reviews and doctoral dissertations.
4) The Editorial Board Approval: The book draft is submitted to the internal Editorial Board for final approval after it has passed the reviewer evaluation. The Editorial Board decides to approve the book for publication, make recommendations for changes if appropriate, and determine contract terms. After the meeting, the editor notifies the author of the Editorial Board's decision. A Copyright Agreement is signed between the author and Özgür Press if publication is decided.
5) Signing the Contract: The Contract includes copyright, CC license, and delivery date details.
6) Turkish Language Control: The manuscripts that pass the reviewer process are reviewed by the Turkish Language Editor, and if necessary, the author is asked to make corrections.
7) English Language Control: The manuscripts that pass the Turkish language check are reviewed by the English Language Editor, and, if necessary, corrections are requested from the author.
8) Production (1-3 weeks): The manuscripts decided to be published by the Editorial Board are ready for publication by typesetting and layout. Our books are produced efficiently, quickly, and attractively by in-house production and design teams using the latest technology.
9) Publication and Distribution: Our sales and marketing team works with retailers and other aggregators to ensure your book is promoted and sold to the appropriate target audience. We also distribute metadata to platforms such as Google Scholar and WorldCat, where readers outside academic institutions can access your work. The content of open-access books will be hosted on ozguryayinlari.com.